The Pink One! Joop Homme is controversially discussed among cologne enthusiasts. During its prime you could smell it pretty much everywhere and its projection is just so strong. So if someone did not like the scent, they had a problem. And I can understand that this fragrance is not for everybody. It is very sweet and that simply is too much for some people.
However in my opinion this in an All Time Great Cologne – and absolute classic! I still love this scent and wear it regularly. In my experience its mostly other men that dont like it. Some women as well, but overall…Joop Homme is still a babe magnet!
Joop Homme Cologne Key Facts
Scent: Sweet and oriental
- Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Orange blossom, Lemon
- Heart notes: Heliotrope, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Cinnamon
- Base notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla
Longevity: Insane – the whole day and longer
Sillage: Also insane projection – people will notice it
Wearable when? In colder weather, autumn and winter
Target audience: More for the younger men
Occasions: Party/Clubbing, Night, Date, Casual
Is Joop Homme Mens Cologne Still Wearable?
The answer is quite simple: YES! Joop Homme had a permanent top 10 spot among the best-selling mens perfumes. It is a sexy and provocative fragrance that still makes women go crazy because they love the sweetness. It is not for everyone though. You need to be a confident and masculine man, because you will stir up attention. And it is not for every occasion as well. Don`t wear this in th office, because it is too strong. You would drive your colleagues mad, because they wont be able to concentrate on their job. This leads to the most important tipp: GO EASY ON THE SPRAYER! 1-2 sprays are enough, believe me.
- Still a compliment getter: Certainly Top 5 among the babe magnet colognes
- Fantastic longevity
- Timeless classic that doesn`t get boring.
- Sweet yet masculine – A unique combination
- Not for everybody: Be a confident man to wear this cologne
- Not for always: Very strong sillage – not suitable in warm climate. A scent for autumn and winter
- Not for all occasions: It works great for partying and dating
So this is my review of the Joop Homme Eau de Toilette. I am still a fan and always will be. What do you think of this cologne?
Also read: Best colognes to attract women
Also read: Best perfumes to attract men